Ethereum & The Hundred Year Design Horizon
What is Ethereum
- The goal is to create a platform that is general purpose enough to cover all blockchain applications using a single blockchian
- Enable global, open, decentralized applications
- A world wide decentralized operation system
Could you please expound the design horizon of Ethereum?
- Ethereum is a new class of social institution
- It needs to be stable
- It needs to last through many different situations
- It is one of the goals of Ethereum to survive many different environments [Nuclear war]
- We want to rely on nothing but the security of SHA3
What role do you see India playing in this ecosystem?
- There are a lot of smart people in India
- Local teams have made meaningful advancements in areas like state channels.
- Developing economies are places where disruptive technologies are valuable
- There is an opportunity to leapfrog the last digital age.
What isn’t the next digital age?
- The idea of building systems around strong global communication, trust.
- Immediate global value exchange
What is the biggest thing happening in Blockchain
- Zero knowledge proofs
- Proof of stake
- Scalability work in a couple years
- Financial application
- Interoperability of record systems